Markham Elementary PTA
Welcome to Edwin Markham Elementary School PTA! The 2020-21 Markham PTA Board would like to personally invite you to join us as we work with our administration and teachers to create the best possible educational experience for our children. We want you to be a part of it all.
If you are new to Markham, or even if have been a part of our family for years, you may have questions about PTA, our mission and what we ask of our members. Here are some quick facts:
- The Markham PTA is a diverse group of parents, caregivers and teachers who band together to support programs that enhance the school experience for all our students.
- By joining the PTA, you help provide us with the financial support to make these projects possible. Your membership does not require any volunteer hours, but it does allow you the opportunity to sign-up for volunteer opportunities that fit your schedule.
- The Markham PTA is a unit member of the Mt Lebanon Council PTA, the Pennsylvania PTA and the National PTA.
- Our PTA programs consist of educational, cultural, and social activities including New Family Orientation, Welcome Back Picnic, Assemblies, Field Day, Holiday Fair, Odyssey of the Mind, Read-A-Thon, Reflections, Science Fair, Fun Run, International Night, Skating Party, Spelling Bee, Markham's Got Talent, the Markham Memory Book, and More!
These important student experiences are fully-funded and administered by the Markham PTA through the generosity or our members and support of our parents through fundraising activities.
- We also support our classroom teachers by fulfilling classroom wish lists, reimburse teacher purchases for classroom materials and provide educational materials for the Matt’s Makerspace at Markham Elementary
- Being a PTA member also allows you to vote on important decisions about PTA endeavors and its future leadership, and suggest new ideas for PTA projects. Membership also gives you access to the PTA school directory, and delivers our PTA newsletter to your inbox every month.
We hope you will consider becoming a member today and support us in these endeavors.
We look forward to seeing you at our next school-wide event or our next PTA meeting!
We invite you to join us and become a PTA member this year! We have an impressive list of programs planned for this year, and we want you to be a part of it all.
It couldn't be easier! Visit https://markhampta.membershiptoolkit.com/ to create a Membership Toolkit Account and begin our annual "back to school" process. This will allow you to become a PTA member, add your family to the school directory, view upcoming calendar events, sign up to volunteer and much more. (Returning PTA members – your information will pre-populate the forms to save your time.)
Once you enter/update your family information, please visit our online store to become a PTA Member. This year's membership fee is $25 for 2 parent/guardians. It will also ensure that you have access to our new online directory (including from your mobile device) and guarantee that you continue to receive our informative emails and reminders throughout the school year.
2021-2022 PTA Meetings
September 24, 2022 @ 8:45 AM
November 9, 2021 @ 7:00 PM
February 8, 2022 @ 8:45 AM
March 8, 2022 @ 8:45 AM